Poinsettias are one of the most common Christmas houseplants. They are a member of the spurge family (Euphorbia), usually reaching a height of 2 feet indoors. Attractive green foliage with red, cream, pink, or speckled bracts (often referred to as the flower) make poinsettias a beautiful choice for Christmas decorations.

Care Tips:

Poinsettias should not be exposed to cold temperatures for more than a few minutes. Wrap them in paper before bringing them through cold weather and do not leave in a cold vehicle. Once home, the wrap should be removed immediately.

Place somewhere where the plant can receive bright natural light but avoid direct sunlight.

Keep away from draughts.

Protect furniture with a waterproof container- a plastic saucer placed under the plant is perfect.

Water thoroughly when dry to the touch; Discard any excess water that has accumulates in the saucer.

Toxicity of Poinsettias:

It is a persistent myth at Christmastime that poinsettias are poisonous to children and pets.  In fact poinsettias are very bitter and unpleasant tasting, but not In fact poisonous.  They are not edible, so eating a  large quantity, can cause vomiting  and stomach upset.